Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Throwback!

1. I had breakfast this morning and it has made my day seem to fly by.
2. My sister is happy and I am happy because she is happy.
3. My wife is going to have our baby soon!

I am writing about a quote from Shakespeare today. The quote is quite famous, but oh well.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?
So, the way that I view this quote is saying that we can either shrug off what people say to us or we can fight against what they say. It also asks which is better to do. I think that depending on what you are hearing from others or being told by the person straight to your face, that it requires a different approach. In our society if you tell someone that you don't like the way that they do something or if they do something that offends you, you do not tell the person that they offended you or what have you, you go to someone else and have that person go to the person that offended. Although, I think that we should have the testicular fortitude to go up to the person that did something to us and say something about it.
Where it says 'suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles', the way I think of this is it is saying should I deal with all the painful/hurtful things coming at me or attack back at them with a full frontal assault? Is being able to shrug off all the bad things in your life the more noble and virtuous way of living or is turning to someone who has upset you and ripping their heads off and possibly installing a new asshole a good way to approach somethings? You tell me in a comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment