Thursday, January 13, 2011

God loves everyone.. Even me!

So, if you didn't know I started going back to Church. LDS church that is. I decided to do this after a long night of no sleep and just deep thought. I started to think, "Wow, I am going to be a father. How hard will it be for Mel if she goes to church alone? What will my daughter think? What do I think on the subject? Can I move past my rebel phase and move into a more intelligent part of my life or am I going to be stuck bashing my head against a wall? Have I turned my back on God? Has he turned his back on me?" All of these questions ran through my mind making me want to just give up thinking about it. As the minutes turned into hours, I started to think about all the people in my life that I enjoyed spending time around, for the most part they were either LDS or lived a fairly LDS lifestyle. My mom, my step-dad, my sister, my wife, a few friends (specifically Paul, AJ, Rachel, Sarah, Josh, Amber, Sam and Kris) and most of the random acquaintances that I have. All of them either live very close an LDS lifestyle. But all of them have their own way of living it. I will not go into specifics, but for instance I have a hard time with my language and my drive to pray every day and read my scriptures. Does this mean that God loves me less or not at all because of this? Not at all. I have finally realized that God is my parent. And as my mother has always said "Parents are not your friends. We will not leave you if you do something stupid. We wont be happy with you but we will never stop loving you." This is the same for God. No matter what we do he will always love us. Even when you use drugs or drink alcohol, he may not be happy with you, but he loves you. So, I am passing this little bit of info that I found onto you guys!

With love and caring always,
Your Humble Narrator

0 comments:

Post a Comment